Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One week in.

Hey everyone! Sorry for the lack of updates, it apparently isn't very easy finding the internet in the middle of VA. I only have a few minutes, so this will be real short.

We are currently 345 miles into our voyage. The 31 other people on the trip are simply amazing, and it's been a blast cycling, camping, knocking on strangers doors in order to find a garden hose to create a mock shower, etc. with my co-riders.

Today we biked 80 HILLY miles up Mount Ashton and then along Blueride Scenic Parkway in the Appalachians. The fog was so dense that we couldn't see beyond 50 yards at times, but there was a moment when we were above the fog and could see it in the valley. Uhhh!!! So beautiful.

We even had our first build day at a local Habitat in Charlottesville, VA. Back to hanging drywall like it was my job.... oh wait... it used to be my job. :)

There will be pictures soon, but I just wanted to write a quick post before I get kicked off. Please keep me in your prayers for safety, fun, fellowship, and clarity.

West Virginia, here we come.

See you all soon!

PS. Follow my trip here as well! It is a great interactive site!

2 comments:

  1. David, I just learned you had a blog today. SO mad you didn't tell me. Anyways, I've been thinking of you, hope your journey goes smoothly. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoot! keep havin' fun and stay safe!

    -brian

    ReplyDelete